VMware Workstation 16 Pro
Now, let’s talk about the technical new features and capabilities. These include the following:
- Containers and Kubernetes features
- vSphere 7 support
- DirectX 11 and OpenGL 4.1
- Dark Mode UI
- Sandboxed Graphics Rendering Engine
- Linux Host – Vulkan Graphics Rendering Engine
- Improved Accessibility
- USB 3.1 Support
The industry standard for running several operating systems in virtual machines (VMs) on a single Linux or Windows PC is VMware Workstation Pro. Workstation Pro is the tool of choice for IT pros, software developers, and companies that create, test, or showcase software for a variety of platforms, devices, and clouds.
You may run different operating systems on the same Windows or Linux PC using VMware Workstation Pro. To aid in software development, solution architecture, application testing, and product presentations, true Linux and Windows VMs may be created, as well as various desktop, server, and tablet environments.
Workstation Pro uses virtual machines to wrap an operating system and its applications in a safe, isolated environment. Using VMware's virtualization layer, each virtual machine has its own CPU, memory, storage, and I/O devices, making it the same as a normal x86 computer in every respect. Installing on a host operating system, VMware Workstation Pro inherits the host's device support and so supports a wide range of hardware compatibility.
VMware Workstation Pro can run any program that can run on a normal PC within a virtual machine. Each virtual machine includes its own CPU, RAM, storage, and other I/O devices, making VMware Workstation Pro an exact replica of a full-featured desktop PC. In addition to Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop, you'll be able to run Apache Web Server and Microsoft Visual Studio as well as kernel debuggers and other security tools on the supported guest operating systems.
- vSphere Integration: Workstation serves as the ultimate companion to vSphere.
- A shared hypervisor delivers environment fidelity like no other, ensuring that apps can easily move between desktop, datacenter, and cloud.
- Workstation brings insight into remote clusters, data centers, and virtual machines,
- Quickly deploy ESXi and the vCenter Server Appliance as VMs in a local lab on a single PC.
- High-Performance 3D Graphics: Supports DirectX 10.1 and OpenGL 3.3, to deliver a fluid and responsive experience when running 3D applications.
- Run the most highly demanding 3D apps like AutoCAD or SOLIDWORKS with near-native performance in a Windows VM.
- Clones for Rapid Duplication: Save time and effort and ensure an exact duplicate when repeatedly creating the same VM setup.
- Linked Clones: Quickly duplicate a VM while significantly reducing physicaldisk space.
- Full Clones: Create fully isolated duplicates that can be shared with others.
- Monster Virtual Machines: Create massive VMs with up to 16 vCPUs, 8 TB virtual disks, and 64 GB of memory
- Run the most demanding desktop and server applications in a virtualized environment.
- Give graphics-intensive apps an additional boost by allocating up to 3GB of available host video memory to a VM.
- High-Resolution Display Support: Optimized to support high-resolution displays
- 4K UHD (3840×2160) displays for desktops
- QHD+ (3200×1800) displays used in laptops and x86 tablets.
- Supports multiple monitors with different DPI settings, such as a new 4K UHD display along with an existing 1080p HD display.
- Restricted Access to Virtual Machines: Protect corporate content
- Restricting access to Workstation VM settings like drag-and-drop, copy-and-paste, and connections to USB devices.
- Virtual machines can be encrypted and password-protected to ensure only authorized users have access.
- REST API for VM Automation:
- Use locally as a workflow enhancement,
- Use remotely to command an offsite private server
- REST API leverages the same API framework introduced in VMware Fusion.
- Provides over 20 controls for operations such as Host and Guest Virtual Networking, VM Power, and shared folder management for programmatic mounting of source code directories from the host.
- Powerful Virtual Networking:
- Create complex IPv4 or IPv6 virtual networks for VMs with added support for Jumbo Frames,
- Integrate with third-party software to design full data center topologies using real-world routing software and tools.
- Test app resiliency Virtual Network Simulation by introducing packet loss, latency, and bandwidth restrictions.
- Helpful Snapshots:
- Create a rollback point to revert to on the fly,
- Perfect for testing unknown software, or creating customer demos.
- Multiple snapshots make it easy to test a variety of different scenarios without the need to install multiple operating systems.
- Cross Compatibility:
- Create Linux or Windows VMs that can run across the VMware product portfolio
- Create restricted VMs for “offline” VM security.
- Supports open VM standards so you can create and play VMs from other vendors.
- Shared Virtual Machines:
- Quickly share and test applications in a simulated production environment.
- Run VMware Workstation Pro as a server to share a repository of pre-loaded Linux and Windows VMs in every desired configuration with your teammates, department or organization.
Specification: VMware Workstation 16 Pro
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.