- Image captures from any where on the screen or multiple monitors, in any shape or size.
New & powerful image capture, editing, annotation and manipulation tools. Objects drawn over images can now be selected, edited, shown and hidden, moved, deleted any time. A new native file format saves the objects drawn for further editing later, or save a standard image and have the object “imprinted” permanently on them.
- Unlimited undo/redo.
- TextSnap feature to capture editable text from almost anywhere on the screen. Can also capture tab-delimited data for easy paste into MS Excel.
- Snags also those difficult-to-grab screens from DirectX™ and Glide™ games.
- Capture dropdown menus and lists with hotkey feature or delayed capture.
- Image stamps, frames, drop shadow, free-hand capture, FTP server uploads, more.
Automatic color substitution.
- Non-rectangular window capture.
- Button Capture – perfect for professional technical writers who need to snap and document dozens of buttons!
- Auto-scrolls and concurrently captures long web pages and other. documents, enabling it to grab more than is visible on the screen.
HyperSnap is a software tool that provides you with several methods when it comes to taking snapshots, editing images and saving results to the hard drive.
Advantages to portability
This tool can also be installed as a portable product. In other words, you can place HyperSnap on an external device and take it anywhere with you. More importantly, your Windows registry entries will remain intact.
The program's interface is plain and simple. In the “Capture” tab, you can set HyperSnap to capture a region, pan region, a window, the active window, scroll region or page, or full screen.
Aside from that, you can capture the virtual desktop, a button, the active window without the frame, free-hand, multi-region, extended active window, video or game, and more.
Built-in image editing options
You can set the image shape, aspect ratio and size, hide the mouse cursor in the snapshots, use the “Undo” and “Redo” buttons and basic image editing tools (e.g. line, pencil, text, arrow, highlight, color change, brightness and contrast).
In addition to that, you can also crop, mirror, resize, stamp and rotate the image, as well as add filters (e.g. sharp, blur, shadow, frame, resolution, correction, grayscale, invert colors).
Upload items to an FTP account and tweak other parameters
Furthermore, you can snap text (from region, under cursor, auto-scroll region, auto-scroll window), update snapshots to a FTP server or send them by email, as well as configure program settings, such as cropping image size, creating a new window for each capture, copying each capture to Clipboard, automatically saving each capture to a file and enter full screen presentation mode after a capture.
A last evaluation
The program uses a low-to-moderate amount of system resources and includes a user manual with tutorials. It did not freeze or crash during our tests. However, some functions do not work properly (e.g. images are not properly displayed when you are capturing a button) and output files have watermarks. Otherwise, we strongly recommend HyperSnap to all users.