FileMaker Pro 18 Advanced
- Start quickly:
- Choose from a variety of professionally designed Starter Solutions to manage contacts, inventory, projects, invoices, assets, and more.
- Import existing data:
- Bring your existing data into FileMaker Pro, including .CSV, Tab, XML, ODBC, and Microsoft Excel files.
- Customize with ease:
- Use flexible design tools to make your layouts look and work just the way you want — without extensive development experience or IT skills.
- Get built-in reporting tools:
- Easy-to-use reporting and charting tools make it easy to make summary reports, colorful charts, and executive dashboards with a few clicks. Save your information in popular Excel and PDF formats.
- Share with your team:
- Create custom apps that work together seamlessly across iPad, iPhone, Windows, Mac, and the web. Learn more about sharing information with your team.
- Integrate with other programs:
- Exchange and interact with data from other applications. Plus, create live, 2-way connections with Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, and MySQL data sources.
FileMaker Pro 18 Advanced
FileMaker Pro 18 Advanced is an application created to help its users build custom databases and design them to fit their activity and business profiles.
As far as applicability goes, FileMaker Pro can be used for both home and business data management. At home, you can keep track of contacts, events, medical records, budgets, inventory, receipts and catalog almost all formats of multimedia files.
While in a work environment, FileMaker Pro can be used to manage expense reports, purchase orders, product catalogs, research notes, personnel records, resource scheduling and faculty staff.
The list though doesn't have to stop there. The key feature of FileMaker Pro is that it offers a wide range of database templates that novice users can customize and experts perfect.
Going into details, you can take a template and reposition its elements, reshape objects, add pictures, change text field names and everything you can think of in terms of designing what is the interface of the database.
Having that covered, you can define sub-scripts for tasks and then create a script that performs the sub-scripts. It sounds complex and indeed it is but this ensures that you are capable of fully optimizing and enhancing the functionality of the database.
The application provides you with four work modes: Browse, Find, Layout and Preview, which enable you to customize data in detail, search and replace particular records and design the way information is displayed before printing.
If by any chance the existing templates don’t match your needs, you are completely free to import data from an Excel file and create a database from scratch. With FileMaker Pro you can also link two databases together.
With FileMaker Pro create and grant account privileges to share the database content over the Internet. This enables you to access and modify data from a web browser that is opened in a PC or mobile device.
It’s safe to say that FileMaker Pro is a highly versatile product if you’re looking for an all-in-one database solution but you have to study it well to be able to access its full potential.
Specification: FileMaker Pro 18 Advanced